Laser Tattoo Removal
Laser Tattoo Removal is a safe and easy way to remove pigments and tattoos. Laser light is calibrated to direct an intense energy pulse at the tattoo. The laser energy is harmless, and only targets the pigmented skin, leaving the un-inked surrounding skin unharmed. The tattoo ink is then broken up into minute particles that the body can readily absorb. The body’s lymphatic system will then carry away the pigment fragments, which will then be expelled from the body.
What does the treatment involve?
CONSULTATION: At the start of any Laser Tattoo Removal treatment a thorough consultation will take place, where our qualified & experienced technician will examine your skin and tattoo colour and size.
PROCESS: The laser equipment and power of the machine will then be set according to the pigment colour being treated. As the laser attacks the tattoo, a light grey “frosting” appears on the tattoo, a signal that the appropriate energy was applied and the removal process will begin.
TIME: A session can be anywhere between ten minutes to half hour, depending on the size of the tattoo being treated.
FINISHING: After the procedure, you may notice redness, blistering, swelling, scabbing and itching. These minor symptoms will likely only last a few days after each treatment.
NUMBER OF TREATMENTS NEEDED: Most patients need 6 to 8 sessions to completely remove their tattoo. The number of treatments needed depends on the size of the tattoo, the colors used, and your skin type. Large tattoos can take 10 sessions or more. In order for the skin to heal, sessions are spaced 6-8 weeks apart.
Frequently Asked Questions:
DOES IT HURT?
Laser tattoo removal typically does involve some level of pain. That said, many say that it hurts less than they expected. most patients say that the sensation of removal is comparable to having a tattoo applied.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
Patients may experience minor side effects such as redness, swelling, tenderness, blistering, cabs and bruising.
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS?
Complete tattoo removal usually requires 6 to 8 laser sessions, normally scheduled 6 to 8 weeks apart. You start seeing some positive results from 3 sessions on.
AFTERCARE OF LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
1. For the first 3 days after treatment, keep the treated area bandaged with sterile gauze and protected with a thin layer of antibiotic or healing ointment.
2. After 3 days, keep the treated area clean and dry during the healing process. If necessary, clean the area gently with mild soap and water and pat dry.
3. You may apply cool compresses as necessary for 24 hours after treatment to help reduce discomfort and inflammation.
4. DO NOT pick any scabs that form. This step is very important to prevent scarring. Avoid any activity (such as shaving) in the treated area that may cause scabs to remove.
5. You may shower 2 hours after treatment, but avoid high water pressure hitting the treated area.
6. DO NOT soak the treated area until all scabs and blisters have completely healed – that means no baths, hot tubs, or swimming to prevent the chance of infection.
7. Avoid wearing makeup or creams near the treated area for the first 2 days after treatment.
8.Apply a sun block of SPF 30 or higher over the area for 3 months following treatment.