Thread Face Lift
A thread face–lift is a safe, convenient alternative to traditional face–lift surgery. Designed to be less invasive, Thread Face Lift treatments involve lifting different parts of the face using specialised, dissolvable threads without the need for surgical incisions. Thread Face lifts are used to treat lifting of the cheeks, jawline, and neck.
What does the treatment involve?
CONSULTATION: At the start of any Thread Face Lift treatment a thorough consultation will take place, where our specialized dermatologist will evaluate your skin and discuss with you your specific skin needs and concerns.
PROCESS: Before the treatment a local anaesthetic is used to numb the area being treated. A small entry point will be made usually near the ear and then fine threads are guided through the skin against the pre-marked contours of the face lifting your skin into a new position. New collagen will develop around the threads which work to keep them in place and provide natural support to the skin once the thread is naturally absorbed by the body. The threads are designed to tighten and lift sagging skin and can help to lift the entire face. The threads are also particularly effective at adding definition and contouring the lower jaw, eyebrows, neck and cheek.
TIME: The procedure takes about 30 minutes – 1 hour, depending on the area being treated.
FINISHING: After the procedure you might notice redness, swelling or bruising, this is normal and will subside with time.
NUMBER OF TREATMENTS NEEDED: The results of a thread face lift are not the same as a face-lift surgery which can last up to a decade. A thread lift will generally last from one to two years and then may be repeated if needed.
Frequently Asked Questions:
DOES IT HURT?
A local anaesthetic is used during this treatment , so your face will be numb. However, you may feel slight discomfort or a pulling sensation. After the numbing has worn off you may feel Stinging or “Pulling” pain discomfort , this is normal.
WHEN WILL I SEE RESULTS?
Results after a thread lift are instant but results will continue to improve over time as the collagen is stimulated and new collagen is produced. The best results are often seen a few weeks after treatment. The visible effects of the thread face lift can last up to 18-24 months.
ARE THERE ANY SIDE EFFECTS?
You may experience some very slight bruising or swelling in the days following your procedure and some mild tension in the areas that have been elevated. Stinging or “Pulling” pain discomfort is normal, this will subside over a 2-week period.
AM I A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR A THREAD FACE LIFT?
The best candidates for thread lifts are men or women who: Suffer from mild to moderate sagging or drooping in the cheeks, jowls, neck, or brows and Are between the ages of 35 to 65.
WHICH AREAS CAN BE TREATED?
1. Upper and lower cheeks
2. Foreheads (brow lift)
3. Jawline, Neck
4. Naso-labial folds (nose to mouth lines)
5. Marionette lines (corners of the mouth)
AFTERCARE OF A THREAD FACE LIFT?
1. Apply SPF30 + and avoid direct sunlight & tanning machines in order to prevent post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.
2. Gently wash the treated areas on the same day but do not rub or massage the face for 2 weeks.
3. A stinging or “pulling” pain or discomfort is normal. Take Tylenol 500 mg 1-2 tablets every 6 hours as directed. Avoid taking any anti-inflammatory medication such as Ibuprofen, because inflammation is necessary to initiate the new collagen formation process. Ibuprofen and similar medications will suppress this process.
4. Avoid hot temperatures such as sauna or very cold climate for 10 days.
5. Avoid physical exercise for 7 days post procedure.
6. Avoid having Radio Frequency (RF) or any heat producing device (laser, IPL, etc.) for at least 10 weeks.
7. Combination with other procedures from 7 days on-wards: PRP, Derma-Pen, fillers.